IIS very slow after ColdFusion 8 service is stopped.

This is a technote from my experience. I had ColdFusion 8 server installed on my machine. After I stopped ColdFusion service (change to start manually) and restarted the machine, IIS was responding very slow. I was not aware that CF8 had created this issue. I tried to find the reason using the tools provided by Microsoft (DebugDiag.msi and ApplicationVerifier.x86.msi) and found that the JRun of CF server is making the IIS unresponsive.
The solution was simple. Just start the CF server service on the machine and IIS will be back to normal.

Comments

Unknown said…
thanks for this info.
it saved our lot of time......
El Yobo said…
Just had the same problem... however, I've just removed all coldfusion applications from our system so no longer need it - how can I remove the damn thing without breaking our server?
You mean you want to remove Coldfusion service from the system? Then you need to uninstall Coldfusion completely.

Popular posts from this blog

Hide notification content in Android lock screen for Messages, email, whatsapp and selected apps.

Array functions in JavaScript