Windows XP hibernating taking too long

My Windows XP machine suddenly started taking very long time to hibernate. It was working fine and I was puzzled with the situation. I had not installed and apps and suspected virus infection.
But then I remembered disabling "Enable write caching on the disk' for my hard-disk few days ago. I enabled the option. Bingo. Problem solved.

Steps:
  1. Right click on My Computer -> select 'Properties'
  2. Select the 'Hardware' tab from the Pop-up window.
  3. Select 'Device Manager' and from the 'Disk drives', right click your hard-disk -> select 'Properties'.
  4. In the 'Policies' tab, check the 'Enable write caching on the disk' and click OK.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Great Prasanth! Same problem, same solution. I´m taking my T40 back to life, changed HD and you solved the hibernation problem.

Thanks.

R Ramina

Popular posts from this blog

Array functions in JavaScript

Hide notification content in Android lock screen for Messages, email, whatsapp and selected apps.